This term, I have a regular teaching load (12 units) plus one special class. This was actually fewer than my heaviest term ever where I had 15 units of regular teaching load and 2 special classes. I’m starting to develop a horrible sleep hygiene because it’s taking me a lot of time to prepare for my classes. It sucks so bad, if I’m being honest. But don’t get me wrong, I’m teaching the most amazing set of courses this term (including my dream elective), and I couldn’t be more passionate to teach!
This time management and prioritization problem came with my difficulties saying no and asserting myself, my needs, and my wants, which I’m working on very aggressively because having the weight of mental health concerns this pandemic is just too much.
But, the good thing is, I can still pull myself out of my laziness to do my morning and evening skincare routine, and at least make time for my creative hobbies (even if there were days when I seriously don’t feel creative at all).
Cinematic Photography Practice Featuring My Skincare Routine!
I decided to practice my photography skills using my RGB pocket light and my Fujifilm XA3 camera with a Meike 35mm lens. I was stunned by the results!
My Skincare Routine
- For my first cleanser, I use The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm if I only wore sunscreen and not makeup, and either Pond’s Cold Cream or Pond’s Cleansing Balm if I wore makeup.
- For my second cleanser/facial wash, I’ve been religiously using Cetaphil Gentle Facial Wash since college (I used to use the Cetaphil Cleanser for Oily Skin but it’s not always available and it’s more expensive).
- For my exfoliator, I used to use Pixi Peel and Polish, but I’m just finishing my tube and I’m planning to sully switch to chemical exfoliants. I’ve been trying Paula’s Choice and I’ll try to compare it with The Ordinary.
- For my serum, I love love Iunik Tea Tree Relief Serum. It’s just like water and I feel like my skin absorbs all of it.
- For ym moisturizers, I’m using Rovectin Clean Lotus Water Cream because it’s so light on the skin, but for night I’m using CeraVe SA Cream because it’s a little heavy on the skin.
- For my sunscreen, I’m using Belo Sun Essentials Tinted Sunscreen if I’m wearing makeup and CeraVe Hydrating Sunscreen every night.
- I use the Watsons Mask thrice a week and I sometimes use Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay every weekend or whenever I feel like using it.
- For my eye cream, I use Human Nature Sunflower Eye Cream.
I’m trying my best to religiously be consistent with my skin care routine, just as how I am religiously practicing my photography skills. Having a sensitive skin is a pain and a little high maintenance, so I need to devote more consistency and patience for it.